Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. Each week there is a new topic for bloggers to choose and list their top ten. This week’s theme is Top 10 favorite words.
I know, it’s not the prompt and this was an older TTT prompt. I decided to kind of change it up.
1. Catawampus- “Askew, awry, positioned diagonally.” I’m not even sure why I do but I love this word. It’s just so fun to say! 🙂
2. Wanderlust- ” a strong desire to travel.” I love to travel and wish that I could do it so much more! Such a pretty word too.
3. Serendipitous- “Occurring or discovered by chance in a happy or beneficial way.”
4. Incandescent- “Passionate or brilliant or emitting light as a result of being heated.” I love the passionate or brilliant definition.
5. Iridescent- “Showing luminous colors that seem to change when seen from different angles.” The word and meaning are beautiful! I love anything that is iridescent. It almost feels magical!
6. Aurora- “A natural electrical phenomenon characterized by the appearance of streamers of reddish or greenish light in the sky, usually the northern or southern magnetic pole.” A beautiful word and something I would love to see!
7. Penultimate- ” Last but one in a series of things; second to the last.” This is actually one of my husbands favorite words. I also like it because he finds ways to use it a lot.
8. Mermaid- “A fictitious or mythical half-human sea creature with the head and trunk of a woman and the tail of a fish, conventionally depicted as beautiful and with long flowing golden hair.” This was the definition from the online dictionary. I love ALL things mermaid. The colors, the myth, the word and everything!
9. Love- “An intense feeling of deep affection.” What’s not to love? Love is important in all that you do!
10. Bibliophile- “A person who collects or has a great love of books.” Yup, I would be crazy if this wasn’t one of my favorite words!! 🙂
Any of your favorite words on this list? Let’s talk!!