I am really sad that this series is over! It was so fun and I will definitely miss all these characters.
- I have loved all of these books. Mostly, I love all the characters and how over the top they are. Don’t get me wrong, there’s a few characters, who are decently normal. What I really enjoy though, is how it’s not solely focused on just one couple or one person. We get the insights of so many different people and it’s very entertaining. There’s so many story lines and it’s fun to see how some merge. Kwan, has a genius way of letting us into the working/thoughts of everyone’s minds and thoughts, without making this book 1000 pages long.
- Another thing that I love, is all the descriptions! They are so vivid and detailed that I can imagine what they look like in my head. He does such a great job with the details, even the food. His books always make me hungry!
- This book is so fast paced that I flew through it. I had such a hard time putting it down. All the drama, over the top antics, makes this book so fun and addicting.
- I really appreciate the way Kwan uses footnotes, to explain certain things. Some of them are quite funny too!
- I loved this story but I felt like the ending was just too rushed. Everything is happening and I wasn’t even sure he was going to be able to wrap it all up! I wish that he would have taken more time with the ending.
- I still really dislike Eleanor! 😛
- I did not enjoy the Kitty and Collette story. It was just too dramatic and I hated how it was resolved. It was just too much for me.
I loved this series and I really will miss most of these characters. If you want a fun, over the top, drama-filled, ridiculous and crazy book, this is for you! Don’t take it too seriously and you will have a lot of fun! 🙂 I am so excited for the next movie installments! They did a great job with the first adaptation!