I want to thank, Inga @ Journey in Bookland for tagging me! I have linked her post, so you can see her answers!
1. What Book has been on your shelves the longest?
Oh, gosh! I’m going to check my Goodreads TBR… bc most of my owned books were added there when I first started my GR account.
Hmm.. This is actually a book that I think I’m going to un-haul. It’s been on my shelf for over 5 years! So, not sure if this counts. haha
2. What is your current read, your last read, and the book you will read next?
Current read: The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern. I’m about 60 pages in and trying to decide if I want to keep going.
Last read: I gave this one 4/5 stars. Review is coming soon! 🙂
Next read: I am so excited to read this one! I actually hauled it this month, so it now counts as a book on my shelf! 🙂
3. What book did everyone like, but you hated?
I don’t know when it will be another answer. This is still my most hated book that everyone loved and recommended! I definitely am in the minority but … that happens! lol
4. What book do you keep telling yourself you’ll read, but you probably won’t?
Honestly, I many of the Patricia Cornwell series. I read one and liked it and started collecting them at library book sales. I’m not sure that I’ll ever get to the series.
5. Which book are you saving for retirement?
Nothing really. I’m technically retired. HAHA! I’m a new mom, so I guess that’s my new job.
6. Last page: Do you read it first or wait to the end?
Oh, I never read the last page!! Sometimes, when I’m in the middle and I really want to know how things go, I think about it. I never do! I want the surprise.
7. Acknowledgements: Are they a waste of paper and ink or interesting?
I have read a few and some I don’t. I don’t think they are a waste, regardless.
8. Which book character would you switch places with?
Ugh.. I don’t know. I feel like all the fantasy books are such rough lives. Unless, they are at the end and have succeeded? Maybe Clary Fairchild.
9. Do you have a book that reminds you of something specific in your life?
I happen to be on Netgalley and looking for books to check out.. I mean, aren’t we always? I saw this one and decided to give it a try. I fell in love and talked about it at work, a lot. I worked at a library at the time and I was telling the head librarian about it. She runs a book club for adults and said she would order copies for her club. Usually, when there’s a lesser known book there’s only like 4-5 copies in the whole system. Her book club loved it and sent their thanks my way. Then my boss, asked me to send any other recommendations her way. It was so cool and I felt so important! lol
10. Name a book that you acquired in an interesting way.
When I worked retail, there were a few girls who loved to read too. So, we started lending books to each other. We would always just give books to each other that are recommended, hoping we would like them. One of the girls lent me, Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah. This is one of my favorite books of all time! So, it wasn’t really acquired because I gave it back but the story was!
11. Have you ever given away a book for a special reason to a special person?
Yes! I gift favorite books!! I also give a lot of my books that I think my mom would enjoy to her.
12. Which book has been with you the most places?
My kindle paperwhite. LOL! I don’t really take books around because they are too heavy. I do carry around my kindle though.
13. Any ‘required reading’ you hated in high school that wasn’t so bad two years later?
I really don’t remember a lot of H.S. required reading. I haven’t really read a lot of the classics either.. so yeah.
14. Used or brand new?
I absolutely love brand new books… the smell!! BUT I will also do used books. I do have requirements for a used book though.. no spine damage! I just passed on the third book in a series bc the previous owner damaged the spine so bad. So now, I have to keep searching!
15. Have you ever read a Dan Brown book?
No, but I do own two of them. I don’t know that I’ll ever get to it.
16. Have you ever seen a movie that you liked more than the book?
I am also using the same answer as Inga! I was just talking with someone else how the book was good but the movies are so, so much better!
I also think that Mockingjay by Collins the movie was so much better!!
17. A book that’s made you hungry?
This whole entire Jenny Han! All of Lara Jean’s baking just sound so yummy and always makes me want some dessert!
18. Who is the person whose book advice you’ll always take?
Definitely, Hamad @ The Book Prescription!! I’ve never found another person who has the same thoughts about books!
19. Most read authors?
Hmm.. Cassandra Clare, I’ve read all of hers. Sarah J. Maas, also have read all of hers. Fredrik Backman, read all of his. I think those are the bigger numbers.
20. Ship from two different books?
Hmm…. Maybe Mia Covere from Nevernight & Kaz from Six of Crows? It could be interesting.. or are they too similar?! haha
Okay.. now to tag some people!
As always, there’s no pressure or anything to do this! It was a fun one though! Thanks again for the tag, Inga! 🙂