Thanks to the lovely Dini @ Dinipanadareads for the nomination!! I checked and my last Liebster award was given to me last year by Dini! Thanks, love! ❤
- Acknowledge the blog that gave it to you and display the award
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger gives you
- Give 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 11 blogs and notify them of their nomination
- Give these blogs 11 questions to answer
1.What has been your favorite read of 2021 so far?
Ohhh, this is a great question. I still haven’t had my first FIVE star read yet but I’m hopeful it will be soon. I’m always SO picky with the first one. I think that it’s definitely been Heart Bones by Hoover.
2. What genre(s) would you like to read less of?
Oh my gosh! What a question, Dini! I love my fantasy and it’s a majority of what I read.. so maybe a few less books a month to throw in some other genres?? Is this acceptable?! haha
3. What’s a book that you wish you could read again for the first time?
There’s a lot of options for this but I would love to read this again for the first time. Such a lovely and uplifting book.
4. What trope do you wish you’d stop seeing/reading in books?
I absolutely hate a love triangle. It might be one of my least favorite tropes. I think it’s getting better and I’m not seeing it as often as I used to. Gosh, it used to be every series, it felt like. It really does drive me nuts.
5. If you could choose for any book or series to be adapted for TV/movie, which would it be?
Tough question because it always makes me nervous when they do adaptations. I think City of Brass would make for a great HBO show!
6. Can you describe your current read in three words?
Empire of Gold—- is that cheating?! haha! Magic/ War/ Healing.. is that better??
7. How long have you been blogging and what makes you keep blogging?
I’ve been blogging for 3 years this month, actually. I had my blog for a while longer but I didn’t really blog or do much with it. One day, I decided to actually take it seriously and I haven’t looked back! I love the community so much. I’ve made amazing friends through just sharing the love of books. It’s amazing and it makes me so happy! ❤
8. Would you survive in the world of your last read? (For curiosity’s sake, what was the world?)?
I’m currently reading Empire of Gold. I probably could survive because I think I’m clever enough.. maybe. I also don’t have magic and they heavily rely on it. Big opportunity in there.
9. What hyped book do you think is overrated?
This book was everywhere and it was a Goodreads Choice winner. I hated it. Ugh.
10. What underrated book do you think deserves more hype?
This was one of my top books last year. I’ve seen a couple people mention it but it does not get the hype it deserves. Everyone needs to read this!
11. If you could gift one book for anyone to read, which would it be and why?
Well I don’t think I should use, A Man Called Ove, since I already used it before. I think that I would probably gift The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo because that book is fantastic and I adore it.
- A character that reminds you of yourself?
- A book that you loved and wasn’t in your typical genre?
- What’s a book that deserves more hype (thanks, Dini!)?
- One unusual thing about yourself?
- If you won the lottery what is the first thing you would do/purchase?
- What is your favorite trope?
- Do you have a character that you absolutely hate and why?
- Best advice for a reading slump or what works for you?
- If you could receive any ARC in the mail what would it be?
- Do you subscribe to any monthly book boxes? or other items?
- If you had to choose, what book villain would you be?
As always, you don’t have to do this if you don’t want to. 🙂