Thank you to Anna @ Anna’s Book Nook for the tag!! I was also tagged by Rachel, Meg, & Abby @ RMA YA BOOKS! Thanks so much you guys!! I will be answering both set of questions. 🙂 I have linked to both of their blogs so you can go check them out!! (Do it!!)
The Aesthete Blogger Award was created by Ashmita @ The Fictional Journal.
About the Award
“This award is to honor every creative person, irrespective of their number of followers and views. Because, as long as you create, that is all that matters. This award is for those bloggers who put an insane amount of thought in each of their posts and for those who spread creativity like wildfire! Just wow!” -Ashmita
- Use the official logo/graphic of the award and display it on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Show some love to the one who nominated you!
- Mention the creator (Ashmita @ the Fictional Journal) and link it back to the original post.
- Tell me something about this world that you admire.
- What is your favorite form of creativity?
- Answer the questions from your nominator.
- Nominate 7 lovely people and notify them by commenting on their posts; spread some love!
- Ask your nominees 4 questions.
- Share something you created. (can be anything!)
- And lastly, just so you know: I LOVE YOUR CREATIONS!
Things I Admire About this World
Sometimes things seem so dire and people so hateful. I just have to remember that there’s a larger number who are the exception. There is still so much beauty ❤
I admire our advancement in science and technology and the amount of stunning beauty there is in nature.
My Favorite Form of Creativity
I love to craft. I do all kinds of crafting with paper, paint, vinyl and many other things. The one area that I’m not good at is sewing and all that comes with that. I love to do my own decor and I make so many things as gifts for others!
Are there any upcoming book releases that you are really looking forward to?
Yes, I am excited for many books, of course. haha. Three that I’m really looking forward to are:
Would you rather be able to fly on a dragon, a griffin, a Pegasus, or a Phoenix? (Or choose your own!)
OH MY GOSH. I think I’m going go go with a dragon!!
What language(s) are you fluent in, and do you wish you could speak any other languages?
Well.. I’m obviously fluent in English. haha. I do speak Spanish and used to be fluent until I moved to Ohio many years ago. I can understand it all but much slower when speaking myself.
What is your favorite TV show?
- The Office by far. Second would have to be Schitt’s Creek!
What would you say is your most consistent bedtime?
Oh gosh, I cannot answer this. I had a kid, who is now a toddler. He has a terrible bedtime and it’s always all over the place. It’s well after midnight, most nights. I wish it were like 8pm! lol
Rachel, Meg, & Abby’s Questions:
1. What book have you read (or want to read) with a creative or unique premise?
I just read this one actually. It’s different for me. It’s a fantasy/historical fiction. It has some elements that remind me of steampunk too. A very mixed genre with some mystery. A fun one.
2. If your blog had to be about a different creative medium than books, what would it be about (i.e. art, movies, dance, music, etc.)?
I used to have a blog (still do but don’t post) about crafting. I do a lot of crafts and I should post what I make more often on there. I think to replace this particular one.. I would go back to crafts!
3. What’s your comfort movie/book/song that you always enjoy when feeling down?
It’s always The Office. When it’s really bad my husband will put on Jim & Pam’s wedding episodes. I will sometimes watch, The Wedding Date, because I can never get sick of that movie!!
4. What’s your favorite movie/show adaptation of a book?
I think that GoT and Outlander are adaptions that are done really well. I will not pick GoT because they ran out of books and the seasons at the end were not good. I think that right now it’s got to be Shadow and Bone from Bardugo. I didn’t love the book but the show was excellent!!!
Something I Created
The most recent thing would be the decor I’m making for my SIL’s baby shower! The theme is whimsical woodland!
I am going to tag the following lovely people:
- Do you have a guilty pleasure show/book series?
- Do you watch the Olympics? If so, what’s your favorite sport to watch?
- What’s your most anticipated release for the rest of the year?
- Do you have any mail subscription boxes? Doesn’t just have to be a book sub!